Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Clockwork--10/31

Hellooooo high school.
I think I need to get out more.

**********************************
Clockwork
Because I couldn’t be your muse
I will descend
And ascend these stairs forever
Like a manic-depressive phantom,
I will turn on my heels at the exact exchange of the minutes
You could set your watch by me.
Like an iron-pressed soldier,
I am just as flat.

Because I am nothing extraordinary,
I will watch my face as it slips into change
like I slipped into that blood-stained kimono robe.
Turbaned and smoking cigarettes, 1-800 numbers
making what was once aching sting.
I cannot speak of abortion anymore,
I am not fortunate enough to be purged.
Someday I will be put in the chokehold of routine.
You might see me sitting at the bar in my coffee-stained polo
already a barfly and not yet 21.
Eluding photographs and stumbling away come 2:00.
Like clockwork.

No comments: