Friday, July 10, 2009

rouge--7/10

Rouge

I will never be pure again.
I was a melancholy princess
but I had yet to bleed.

I have a confession to make:
I am a monster, Prince Charming.
Watch as my delicate hand trembles
in it's red satin glove.

I am transforming...

and you will gasp and faint as disgust
floods in and drowns the lust.
Lover, excuse me,
I am giving birth to my teenage journal.
The pages seemed endless
and some words clotted together.

I am Mademoiselle Werewolf,
and the moon drives me insane.
I am not a modern woman made of sterile linoleum.
I am a witch, an effigy made of apple skins,
an oracle prostrating herself to the virgin goddess:
Mother, my third eye is bleeding.
In the maple grove, I hear her answer...
repent, repent
she says through the red curtain.
you have weeping to do.

No comments: